Saturday, November 25, 2006

World Of Warcraft

When I hear people saying that they play World of Warcraft, the only thing that comes to mind is "why?". Why pay for the game, then have to pay a subscription to play each month. Maybe I could understand if it was like $4-$5 /month "maybe". However its like $15. Forget that, I will go play GuildWars that has only a one time buy the game fee.

Then, the other day I here WoW is giving away free 10-day trial accounts. So I decided why not see what all the hype is about. I downloaded it (over 2 gigs) so it took a little while. Then I run it and it has to download a small 3 meg update. No big deal. Well they run off what seems to be torrents, and it took about 20 minutes for the download to start working.

I finally get in game, setup my character and move into the realm (which took forever of me choosing which realm. most seemed to be maxed out). I move around, figure out the controls and what not and decide to take on a wolf. Easy piece of cake killed it no biggy. After wandering around for a while I got extremely bored. I MEAN BOOOORRRREEEDDD!!!. The coolest part of that game I found was that you can run and jump. Other than that I don't see why people just don't play GuildWars instead. At least in GW you can't run through guys/animals which makes it a lot more challenging than WoW. While graphics wise WoW were about the same, both quite good, the level seemed to blah. It was a Anarchy Online level. You walk around and see the same stuff you would in any other game. The detail in GW is a lot better than WoW could ever bother to achieve.

So I leave Blizzard with these final words. Drop WoW and release Starcraft: Ghost already.

No comments: