Tuesday, November 07, 2006

First time voting!

So today was my first time voting since I just turned 18 a few months ago. It was a lot easier than I thought.. w00t!

I always gotta vote for Congressmen Fred Upton. He has helped out my dad majorly so he has earned my respect there. Also, he is the only one I have seen that has ran a clean campaign. The commercials I here are not about how his opponents f***ed up, but what he has done and why we should re-elect him. That my friends, is a true campaign and earns even more respect.

As for Governor here in Michigan, I voted for Dick DeVos. Jennifer Granholm in my opinion has not done a good job and needs to go. 1. She claims to be the reason Google is opening another spot here in Michigan, when in reality, its because one of the founders grew up in Michigan. 2. She vetoed a bill that would keep people from being on welfare for a lifetime. Now I am not against welfare by any means. If a person/family really needs it, then there is no problem there. What I get pissed about is the people who live off welfare because they are to lazy to get there fat ass off the couch and get a job, or abuse it. I have seen many times someone goes in and buys a 12-pack of pop on food stamps. They walk outside open it up and dump all the pop out. Once they do that, they take the cans back in for the 10c return on each one. So they spend $5 of tax payer money to get $1.20 in cash to buy drugs or some other stuff... Talk about low life.. Dick DeVos if he wins will be curing this problem. 4 years is plenty enough time to find a job so I support him.

No comments: