Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wireless router

I am not gonna tell you I got a new wireless router. Although I do need one as my DLink DI624 sucks horribly. I went out of state this weekend to my aunt an uncles house. Down in Elkhart(sp?) Indiana. So I had my laptop with me, just to get some work done on the shopping cart. I picked up a wireless signal from it that was unsecure. Seeing, as my uncle works for Comcast I thought I would mention he needs to tighten his security up a bit. So I go tell him, and he tells me he doesn't have a wireless router. Then I told him, well one of your neighbors do then. That night we go to a restaurant place to pick up food. I decide I will take my laptop with me just to see how many we pick up. In a 15 minute drive I picked up at least 25 routers half of them being unsecure. I was surprised at that. I found out, that Comcast uses 2Wire gateways for its users wireless connectivity. These were the only ones I found secure. I was simply amazed.

So, a weekend I thought I would be without the internet, turned out that I was on a nice good connection anyways. So I leave you with this.... Rock On!! Broadband

Jeff

No comments: